The Fakir Mohan University is committed to develop itself as a value and need based quality education provider in the state of Orissa in general and Balasore and Bhadrak districts in particular. It has the ultimate objective of producing qualified and competent manpower responsive to the changing needs of the society at the national and international levels.
In its quest for being an outstanding centre for learning and development of human resource, it cherishes a clear vision and mission. It has become very consistent in its recruitment policy and, as a result, it has recruited very brilliant scholars specializing in various areas of the five front line subjects possessing enormous employment and entrepreneurship potential.
It has following missions through which it seeks to stimulate and promote professional competency among the students & faculty:
- To provide opportunities to students and faculty to acquire higher qualification and experience.
- To provide continuous learning opportunities for students, faculty, staff and working professionals.
- To provide wide scope for research, design and development.
- To provide consultancy relevant to areas of specialization and expertise.
- To provide scope for practicing innovative teaching and learning methods.
- To provide access to the best intellectual resources.
- To encourage college and other institutions to develop coordination in academic and research activities of common interest including rudimentary research exposure to undergraduate students.
- To promote University-Industry-Government interface.
- To help institutions to take active interest in the development of rural areas and weaker sections of society by transpiring appropriate technology and providing follow up action.
- To serve as a centre for generation and provide opportunities for exchanging ideas among institutions, research organizations and the state Government, so as to promote entrepreneurial culture among students and to assist them through expertise available in the institutions.
- To help mobilize resources through Alumni, Users, Social Workers, Philanthropists and other organizations both from within and outside India.
- To promote research and development of sophisticated laboratories, Institute Chairs, Scholarships, Fellowships, Prizes, Medals, organize special lectures, seminars, conferences, workshops, etc.
- To devise schemes and methods for effective periodic evaluation of performance of projects, faculties, staff and students, internal evaluation through Academic and Administrative Audit Committees (AAAC) and the NAAC.
- To take steps for facilitating appropriate environment in the institutions of education to achieve harmonious relationship among teachers, students and staff.
- To take up special programmes for developing institutions, and enabling them to join the main stream of national life.
- To promote healthy competitions among projects, programmes, centres and colleges which will be conducive to the creation of an acclaimed quality brand image of F.M. University.
The programmes and activities taken up by the University always strive to promote mental and attitudinal changes in people and enthuse to face challenges of life boldly and successfully. These activities mainly focus on the following aspects:
- Human Resource Development.
- Capacity Building in the thrust area specified by the Government from time to time.
- Entrepreneurship development in the local area.
- Technology Development.